Ok, so I lagged behind... But I'm ready to start over
So much to read, so little time. I'm enjoying this new learning path I'm going through. Learning to coach people one on one is a totally different take from trying to do it in a classroom. And I can't stress trying enough, because no matter how hard we try, any teacher can tell you that differentiated instruction and personal attention in the classroom is a challenge!!
There's a heavy emotional process going on in coaching and I'm sure that we teachers in the classroom and in life have a head start in this. However a BIG difference is in the LISTENING! Yes, that is something that is being stressed in teaching today; however to the degree listening is carried on in coaching it is a bit foreign to teaching.
I can't yet say that I would go one way or the other, but I can definitely say that I'm really enjoying the learning process and although I'm working on it long distance, the personal coaching I'm getting through it makes it a very unique experience.
If I were to make this the ideal situation it would be to find the means to create the coaching experience addressed to the business of creating schools that are real Learning Organizations. This would kind of fit in into my New Year resolutions to write that long overdue book on CURITE and who knows what may come off of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.